As of September 1, 2020, New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 will require all construction workers to have 40 hours of training. This training can consist of an OSHA 30-hour construction safety course, an 8-hour fall protection course, and a 2-hour drug and alcohol course. These courses are for individuals who have already taken the OSHA 30-hour construction safety course.
These courses are being offered by the Construction Training Centers of New York State. Angelo Garcia, III is an approved instructor for the Construction Training Centers of New York State. Individuals registering for these courses will be invoiced by the Construction Training Centers of New York State.
Completing these courses will enable workers to get the New York City Site Safety Training Card. The SST card will eventually be required to work on most construction sites and should be good for five years.
What Sets Our Site Safety Training Apart From the Rest?
- Your instructor — Your instructor — Angelo Garcia, III runs the training session, where you will have direct access to his wide range of expertise and his dedication to providing the most up-to-date information. With over 35 years of industry experience and 30 years of extensive training experience, Angelo has been solving industrial hygiene and safety problems since 1982. Keeping your employees safe is his number one goal.
- Easy access to classes — Future Environment Designs, Inc. provides easy-to-access training for you to meet the requirements laid out by Local Law 196 of 2017. Our offerings include 8-hour Fall Protection, 2-hour Drug and Alcohol, and 4-hour Scaffold User courses.
- Continued Accessibility — Angelo is available by phone, email, and text (within normal business hours) to continue your education even after training has ended.
- Learning Never Ends — FED provides you with up-to-date information on workplace-safety issues, including our Safety Suzy Newsletter, Future Environment Designs blog, the New York State Asbestos Group on LinkedIn and other social networks.
- Resources that go with you — The FED website, available in both desktop and mobile versions, provides a link to OSHA's website and other useful resources.
Local Law 196 Training Courses
FED's unique "Training at Your Convenience" brings our training programs straight to your door, including our tools — from the presentation, laptop, and projector, to a MiFi device for wireless internet connection; all you need are five trainees. All the courses in our catalog are available for our Training At Your Convenience service, especially:
Contact us to be notified when mold training courses are scheduled, or call (800) 969-3888 to discuss your mold certification needs.
Need further training services?
Browse our full line of courses through our Training Links, above.
MEET THE TRAINER:
At the core of Future Environment Designs is our leader and founder, Angelo Garcia, III. FED's Principal-Industrial Hygienist, and a Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant with many other qualifications, Angelo will make a positive addition to your team. With over 30 years of industry experience and 25 years of extensive training in New York State, Angelo has been solving industrial hygiene and safety problems since 1982. Keeping your employees safe is his number one goal.