Per legislation signed on January 29, 2015, the New York State Labor Law will require properly-licensed assessors, contractors and workers for the remediation of mold. Effective January 1, 2016, compliant mold remediation will require a written plan prepared by a licensed mold assessment consultant. A separate licensed remediation contractor must develop a work plan that addresses the assessment plan requirements. Licensed mold remediation contractors shall hire licensed mold abatement workers to perform the work. There are three different courses that each licensed individual shall take to get licensed: the mold assessment course (4 days of training), mold supervisor/remediation course (3 days of training), and mold abatement worker course (2 days of training).
The NYS Department of Labor's Mold Program page provides more details on the legislation and guidelines.
What Sets Our Mold Training Apart From The Rest?
- The trainer is the founder —Even before New York State regulated mold consulting and contracting, owner and founder Angelo Garcia, III trained professionals in Indoor Air Quality assessment, remediation, and the best-practices to keep workers safe from a variety of workplace hazards, including molds, toxic molds and other biological hazards.
- Always meets your needs —FED offers convenient training classes in all phases of Mold Remediation, including Assessment, Remediation, and Abatement.
- Continued Accessibility —Angelo is available by phone, email, and text (within normal business hours) to continue your education even after training has ended.
- Learning Never Ends —In addition to keeping Mold Remediation professionals up-to-date on the latest licensing requirements, FED keeps trainees informed via the Safety Suzy Newsletter, Future Environment Designs blog, the New York State Asbestos Group on LinkedIn and other social networks.
- Resources at your fingertips —The FED website, available in both desktop and mobile versions, provides a link to the FED Course CD, keeping what's been learned easily accessible.
Mold Courses, at Your Convenience
As all counties in New York State are affected by these new licensing requirements, we will be offering these courses in Syosset and at your convenience with prior notification and approval by NYS Department of Labor in areas such as Manhattan (NYC), Brooklyn, Queens, Clinton (Plattsburgh) and throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Contact us to be notified when mold training courses are scheduled, or call (800) 969-3888 to discuss your mold certification needs.
Need further training services?
Browse our full line of courses through our Training Links, above.
MEET THE TRAINER:
At the core of Future Environment Designs is our leader and founder, Angelo Garcia, III. FED's Principal-Industrial Hygienist, and a Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant with many other qualifications, Angelo will make a positive addition to your team. With over 30 years of industry experience and 25 years of extensive training in New York State, Angelo has been solving industrial hygiene and safety problems since 1982. Keeping your employees safe is his number one goal.